Thursday, June 14, 2012

Out of My Mind

This book honestly opened up my eyes. When I was picking out my books for my annotated bibliography I thought that I would never have the time to finish all of these books plus do all of the work for my other classes. I didn't want to read these books because I felt like I didn't have enough time, but I am so glad that I chose this book and that I have the opportunity to read it. This opened up my eyes and showed me what it is like to be in the shoes of a disabled person. As a future educator I think that reading this book has made me more aware of what disabled people go through in high school, all the stares and whispers that they don't think the person can hear it but they really can. This book really touched me and I felt a lot of emotions throughout this book. I felt as if the main character, Melody was in my school and that I saw what was going on through Melody's assistant. I never realized how much people think down about people with disabilities until I saw it from her point of view. I think it is really sad that some teachers don't have faith in their disabled students and think that because they have a disability that they are incapable of learning. I think that this book really helped me understand what it is like to be in the shoes of a disabled person and as a future educator I will be more aware of how students with disabilities are treated by not only the students, but sadly teachers as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment