Monday, July 9, 2012

Importance of Reading

The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.

I learned in a class that I took in the spring how important reading is. I also figured out why I may be a little behind in my vocabulary and why I had such an issue throughout my schooling. When I was really young I loved to read, but as I got older I hated to read and stopped reading. I think that because I didn't read as much it had an effect on my vocabulary which then effected everything that I did such as tests, homework, and writing papers. When a person reads it is an active mental process and improves your discipline and memory. Reading can improve your vocabulary skills and academic excellence. You can also receive better communication skills and master a language by reading. People who tend to be more creative and have good hand-eye coordination read a lot. I think that if I never stopped loving to read I would never have had a problem taking tests, doing homework, and writing papers. On my papers in high school I always received feedback that said my paper was too wordy, the reason why I make my paper wordy is because I have a small vocabulary and think if I add words it will make the paper better. So all in all I think that reading is extremely important and after reading all my books for my annotated bibliography for this class, I have found my love for reading again 

No comments:

Post a Comment